I'll admit it...sometimes I feel really lazy to cook a meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is eaten at home so sometimes I find myself not knowing what to make or not having much time to prepare something.
I have found that making that little sacrifice of cooking your own food vs eating out or just eating snacks is so worth it!!! You feel satisfied after your meal and without the need to eat sweets or eat more snacks.
This meal is super easy to make and super nourishing, full of different colored veggies, healthy fats and protein and it takes less than 10 minutes!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 pack of basil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts/walnuts/cashews. Make sure they are organic and raw
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened) better if its homemade
- Blend all the pesto ingredients add a touch of Himalayan or Celtic salt
- Peel the zucchini to make noodles using Veggie peeler (available on amazon, homegoods)
- Mix it all together!
-Wild Planet Wild Mackerel in Olive Oil (available in Whole Foods) packed with Omega-3 and protein and is low in mercury.
-Mixed baby peppers
-Sunflower sprouts- good source of iron
- In a bowl, place the sunflower sprouts and mixed greens
-Chop the cucumber, peppers, and radish- or you can use any veggies you have in the fridge.
- For dressing I like to use olive oil & lemon or apple cider vinegar, you can even add turmeric powder and pepper for extra nourishing benefits.