Gluten free and sugar free... but still moist and fluffy!!! These yummy muffins are packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
Total Time 20 min |Servings 10 muffins
1 cup tiger nut flour
1/4 cup carob powder
3 tbsp arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp monk fruit powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
Optional- Add 3 chocolate chips per muffin (I like the dark chocolate Pascha brand chocolate chips, since they have no added sugar or soy.)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line a muffin tray with unbleached muffin liners
3. In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix together.
4. Then add into a blender and add the wet ingredients.
5. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
6. Add the mix to the muffin tray, filling it half way (they rise a lot).
7. Add the chocolate chips to each muffin, I used 3 per muffin.
7. Bake 12-15 minutes.
Tigernuts are naturally gluten free, high in magnesium, fiber, protein, potassium.
Carob powder has wonderful antioxidants and does not contain caffeine (unlike cacao).
If you currently have IBS or SIBO please be aware that Tigernut Flour is a prebiotic and may trigger symptoms.