I always like to find a healthier alternative to "junk food." I always say though that just because they are healthier doesn't mean they should be eaten every day!
These gluten free donuts are high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Cacao is high in antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory, and boosts the body’s production of serotonin, which improves your mood.
Total Time 30 min | Servings 6
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Glaze:
½ cup dark chocolate chips
10 drops stevia
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (or 350F).
2. Spray the donut mold with coconut oil.
3. In a small pot, melt the coconut oil on low heat.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
5. Add the the coconut flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, sea salt, and baking soda into the wet ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.
6. Pour the batter evenly into the donut mold.
7. Place donut mold in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. In a pot, melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips over low heat.
9. Remove the donuts from oven and dip the donuts into the chocolate glaze mixture while still warm.
10. Put the matcha powder through a sieve and sprinkle over the donuts
11. Allow donuts to cool.