I've been gluten free for 8 years now, can you believe that? I actually don't even remember the taste of "normal" pizza. I do love a pizza and do crave it so over the years I've tried many different recipes for a gluten free crust. Recently I made this one and I absolutely loved it! The crust isn't going to be crunchy like a traditional pizza crust but it taste really yummy.
2 cups of cooked sweet potato mashed
1 cup flax seeds ground
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp tomato paste or pesto
1 cup organic grass-fed cheese (optional)
1/2 onion, sliced
1 pepper, sliced
1/4 cup arugula
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and lay parchment paper on a baking tray.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes until cooked and then mash them.
3. Add the ground flax seeds, arrowroot powder, and combine well with wet hands.
4. Form the dough into a ball and place on to the baking tray and press the dough down.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to shape the pizza.
6. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and add your tomato paste or pesto, chopped veggies of choice, and cheese.
8. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
9. Remove the pizza from the oven and add fresh arugula and drizzle olive oil over the top.
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, vitamin A, C, E and antioxidants like beta
You can replace the flax seed and arrowroot for 2 cups of GF oat flour!