Total Time 50 min | Servings 8
1 ½ cup coconut flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup ground flax seed
1 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups almond milk
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla
2 oz cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
1 tbsp coconut nectar or stevia drops
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grease an 8-inch square pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
4. Beat the eggs until frothy, and add the rest of the wet ingredients.
5. Stir the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients and mix well. If mixture it too dry, add more milk.
6. Fill the pan with the cake mix and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool before removing from the mold.
8. To make the whip cream, empty the cans of coconut cream into a small bowl and use an electric mixer. Beat until the cream thickens enough.
9. Spread the coconut cream on the top of the cake and top with fresh strawberries, grated lime zest, and shredded coconut.
·Flax seeds are high in fiber and antioxidants. For women its great for balancing hormones.