I was quite surprised if this recipe would work out well because I honestly just threw a few ingredients in the blender and hoped it would work and it actually turned out delicious. It has a "fudge" consistency. I personally love the flavor of carob, but you can also choose to use cacao powder instead!
Servings: about 12 slices
3 organic pasture raised eggs
3 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup almond milk (I use MALK)
1 tsp vanilla
1 ripe plantain
1 small zucchini (shredded)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup carob powder or cacao
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Grate the zucchini and squeeze liquid out using a cheesecloth. Set aside.
3. In a blender place, eggs, coconut oil, plantain, almond milk and vanilla. Blend
4. Add coconut flour, carob powder, and coconut sugar, baking soda and blend.
5. Add the zucchini at the end but do not blend. Blending this part is optional especially for picky eaters.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes.