This is a guilt free gluten free - refined sugar free - dairy free dessert.
For me it is super important to have friends that live a similar lifestyle to mine, especially when it comes to eating quality food and healthy! Trust me it makes life so much easier especially when you go over each other's house to eat.
The other day I got together with one of my good friends Mary Gamarra from www.vidaybellezanatural.com and we created a couple of recipes that are simple & nourshing for you.
8 dates, pitted and soaked in water
1 cup shredded coconut
¼ cup almond flour
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
½ cup lime juice
1 ½ tsp lime zest
¼ cup honey
1 cup coconut milk
1. Place the soaked dates in the food processor until a paste forms.
2. Add the shredded coconut, almond flour, and salt and process until the mixture is combined.
3. Press the mixture on to a pie pan with a removable bottom or place parchment paper on the bottom so it does not stick.
4. In a saucepan, add the lime juice, lime zest, gelatin, honey, and coconut milk. Whisk on low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
5. Add the avocado to the food processor with the coconut milk mixture and process until everything is combined and smooth.
6. Pour mixture over the crust and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
Limes are very high in Vitamin C, protects the body from pathogens, and help manage blood sugar.
Gelatin is good for gut health, and strengthens your skin, hair and nails.