If you are craving the comforts of a classic apple crisp, this is a healthier alternatives for those with dietary restrictions. Its gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, vegan.. you get the picture by now!
4 green apples, thinly sliced
1 lemon zest and juice
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
2-3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9” pie pan with butter, and place the chopped apples into the pan.
3. Add the zest to the apples, lemon juice, spices, and coconut sugar and stir to combine.
4. For the dough, add the coconut flour, shredded coconut, honey, coconut oil, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well. Adjust honey to taste.
5. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples. Sprinkle coconut chips on top.
6. Bake for 35-40 min.
7. Once its ready you can pair it with a scoop of yummy ice cream or coconut cream!