Born and raised in Miami, there is no way you can escape Cuban food. This is one of my favorite Cuban dishes that I remember eating while growing up. I finally decided to make it myself using high quality ingredients and it definitely did not disappoint. It was sooo delicious and tasty that my husband and I each had 2 plates!!!
Servings: 2-4 / Total Time: 40 Min
1 lb grass fed Flank steak
2 cups diced tomatoes (I used Jovial organic diced tomato glass jar)
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
1 bay leaf
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp dried oregano
½ cup pitted green olives
2 tbsp capers
½ cup chopped cilantro
Celtic or Himalayan Salt to taste
Serve with Steamed Basmati rice or plantains
1. Turn the instapot on the sauté function and cook the onions, garlic until golden.
2. Marinate the steak with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp cumin.
3. Turn off the Insta pot and add the meat to the pot.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, peppers, jalapeño, bay leaf, oregano, and 1 tsp cumin.
5. Change the setting on pressure cook for 30 minutes.
6. Once it is done, remove the steak and start shredding it with a fork. Place the meat back in the sauce and add the olives, capers, and cilantro.
7. Serve with rice or tostones.