The other day I was craving Risotto, so I decided to try and make my own for the first time! and it came out delicious. When you are at a restaurant and are thinking about ordering Risotto, double check with the chef to make sure it contains no gluten..as many times for me they have come back saying there is gluten. In this recipe I used butternut squash but you can definitely use different veggies, you can even add some green veggies such as steamed chard or kale.
2 tbsp butter + more if you are making the sage
4 cups bone broth (chicken or veggie)
½ cup parmesan cheese or cheddar
½ yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2 cups raw butternut squash
2 cups sprouted brown short grain rice
a couple of sage leaves (optional)
cured bacon or ham (optional)
1. Put the sautee option in the Insta pot and sautee onions and garlic in butter.
2. Add the rice and stir until browned, you may add more butter if needed.
3. Add the broth and squash.
4. Change the setting to manual and pressure cook on high 6 minutes.
5. Let the steam release
6. Once it's done add the cheese and stir in the cheese. Keep stirring rice with wooden spoon until squash starts melting in.
7. If you are going to use the sage leaves. Use a small pan and heat butter. Add the sage leaves and cook until crunch you can add this on top of the dish.
8. Optional also you can add pieces of cured ham or bacon and its delicious!!!!