I wouldn’t necessarily say these are “healthy marshmallows” because they are still high in sugar, but what I will say it’s a great alternative to your typical store bought ones that are filled with corn syrup, artificial flavorings and preservatives. Paired with a homemade hot chocolate....HEAVEN!!!
Hot Chocolate (Servings 2)
2 cups New Barn Almond Milk
4-6 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1. Place all the ingredients in a small pot and burn on medium heat.
2. If you want the milk to be frothy you can place the mix in the blender once its heated.
1 cup Water
3 tbsp Gelatin
1 cup Maple syrup (I buy Shady Maple Farm brand)
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl add ½ cup of water with 3 tbsp of gelatin and combine well with an electric hand mixer.
3. In a small saucepan pour the remainder 1/2 cup of water with maple syrup and burn on medium heat and let boil for about 8 minutes.
4. Pour the syrup mixture into the bowl with gelatin and beat on high for about 10 minutes or until the mixture looks creamy and fluffy.
5. Pour mixture into the pan and let sit in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
6. Remove from fridge and cut into pieces.