1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour
1 cup sprouted almond flour
1 tbsp flax seeds (grind in the moment)
1 tbsp zaatar (or you can use any herb that you like i.e. oregano, rosemary, thyme)
1 tsp himalayan salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup water + 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
How to make it
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a food grinder, grind the flax seeds until it becomes a flour consistency.
3. In a bowl, add the buckwheat, almond, flax seed, zaatar, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl combine the water and olive oil.
5. Add the wet mix into the dry mix and mix together until you get a dough consistency. If it is too dry, add a little more water.
6. With your hands create a ball and transfer on to a baking dish with a layer of parchment paper on the bottom and on the top of the ball.
7. Use a rolling pin and roll out until you get a cracker-like thickness.
8. Use a pizza roller to cut the crackers into cracker sizes.
9. With a fork prick each cracker with a fork to create small holes.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Fun Facts
These crackers are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats
Buckwheat is grain free & gluten free... and is very rich in iron!
Zaatar is a middle eastern spice mixture with dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, sesame seeds, and sumac.
Enjoy these crackers with guacamole, hummus, or as a snack.