This is a great risotto alternative if you are looking to avoid rice... now a days cauliflower can be used to make anything! Now that it is Fall and it is pumpkin season, this is a delicious recipe to make to enjoy with friends.
Total Time: 25 min / Servings 2
2 ½ cups cauliflower rice
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup chicken broth or veggie broth
1 tbsp butter or ghee
¼ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup parmesan cheese
optional- you can add cooked bacon or cured ham
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the yellow onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
3. Pour in the cauliflower rice, pumpkin pure and broth. Stir well.
4. Place on low heat and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and top with bacon, cheese, and parsley.