Servings: 4 small bowls
¼ cup buckwheat groats or Pocono Cream of Buckwheat Cereal
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 tbsp coconut butter
1 cup of coconut milk or almond milk
¼ cup water
1 tsp-1 tbsp sweetener of choice (i.e, honey, stevia, coconut nectar)
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp walnuts, chopped
1 tsp shredded coconut
1. In a pot, pour 1 cup of nut milk and ¼ cup of water, let it boil.
2. Add the buckwheat groats, lower the heat and cook for 15 min.
3. Stir the carrots, coconut butter, cinnamon, and sweetener of choice.
4. Optional -top with walnuts and shredded coconut.
· Carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, but need a fat to absorb it, hence the coconut butter as an added fat.
· Buckwheat is a gluten free grain, high in fiber and supplies important vitamins and minerals.